Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, before that, try and examine each module that is to be emerged and
> see which ones want luks. Perhaps there is a broken ebuild which is
> causing the problem. Normally, there are checks that prevent this kind of
> circular error.
>
> Do emerge -puNDvt world and see where luks is showing. There is no need
> for luks unless you specifically need it. That's what the emerge command
> will show.

[nomerge      ]  sys-apps/pmount-0.9.6  USE="crypt"
[ebuild  N    ]   sys-fs/cryptsetup-luks-1.0.1-r2  USE="nls -dynamic" 0 kB

Does the `noemerge' just mean its not installing in this output or
that it won't be installed unless cryptsetup-luks is ...?

kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.1  depends on pmount so I guess
I'll keep it.

But this doesn't really answer why I didn't get better output on the
test emerge -vuDp world... does it?