2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Saturday 13 May 2006 03:19, "wu chuanwen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

> You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?

You will have to have /a/ 1.4 javac, not necessarily Sun's.
Can i just change the 1.5 javac to the 1.4 one?I have never try to do this.
Can it work?

> Is
> there any other ways?

Sure, write and apply a patch to tomcat that removes all uses of enum as an
identifier.
It needs a lot of work!
Besides there is many packages behind of which tomcat  dependens on.I
can't be sure all of them can be compile by jdk1.5.

Besides,install tomcat is a painful thing.You know,you have to
download many packages manually and still there are other problems.For
example:

!!! jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip not found in /usr/portage/distfiles

!!! dev-java/sun-jmx-1.2.1-r1 has fetch restriction turned on.
!!! This probably means that this ebuild's files must be downloaded
!!! manually.  See the comments in the ebuild for more information.

*
*  Due to license restrictions, we cannot fetch the
*  distributables automagically.
*
*  1. Visit http://wwws.sun.com/software/communitysource/jmx/download.html
and follow instructions
*  2. Download jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip
*  3. Move file to /usr/portage/distfiles
*  4. Run emerge on this package again to complete
*

There are several packages having the same information just as above.
Is there anybody else having  ever install tomcat? Do you have the
same situation as me?

--
wcw