On Saturday 13 May 2006 21:56, "wu chuanwen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!':
> 2006/5/13, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > On Saturday 13 May 2006 03:19, "wu chuanwen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> > > You mean re-emerge sun-jdk1.4?
> > You will have to have /a/ 1.4 javac, not necessarily Sun's.
> Can i just change the 1.5 javac to the 1.4 one?I have never try to do
> this. Can it work?

Sure, you can emerge -C jdk 1.5 AND emerge jdk 1.4, but wouldn't it be
easier to just emerge jdk 1.4 and use the java-config tool provided by
Gentoo to change your system jdk?

> > > Is
> > > there any other ways?
> > Sure, write and apply a patch to tomcat that removes all uses of enum
> > as an identifier.
> It needs a lot of work!

That was my point.  I already TOLD you the easy way.

> !!! jmx-1_2_1-scsl.zip not found in /usr/portage/distfiles
> !!! dev-java/sun-jmx-1.2.1-r1 has fetch restriction turned on.

> There are several packages having the same information just as above.
> Is there anybody else having  ever install tomcat? Do you have the
> same situation as me?

Yes, there are a number of packages in the tree with fetch restriction
turned on.  Due to non-free licenses AND annoying download policies this
software may not be downloaded automatically or put on any Gentoo mirror.

Gentoo has a choice: do not provide these packages AT ALL, or require you
do manually download them.  Aren't you glad they chose the former?

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest