On 6/6/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Tuesday 06 June 2006 18:01 skrev JimD:
> I don't know what windows software he will always
> use. He may try FrontPage or Dreamweaver or some other tool.

I would *really* recommend that he does not use Frontpage. It produces crap
code... I know nothing about Dreamweaver though.

sftp works great, its easy, simple and secure. You already checked a
GUI, so, shouldn't be a problem. Frontpage produces crappy code full
of MS stuff, hides you the basics of HTML and has limited CSS editing.
Dreamweaver works great, has few bugs and full CSS support, snippets
and PHP/ASP/Javascript editing, but I strongly advice your
father-in-law not to use a GUI to start webmastering, use plain old
text editing software to really learn what's going on.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil