Hi,

I'm getting a strange font problem in evolution and firefox - evolution
shows square boxes when it should be showing tabs, and firefox shows
square boxes in java applets when it should be showing spaces.

Both applications show the tab / space as well, but there's these little
boxes all over the place.

I've tried installing a few fonts, or looking for use flags that might
affect it, but nothing worked - I'm completely stumped.

Can anyone help me solve this?  What would you suggest? xorg.conf? use
flags?

thanks,

Nietzsche is pietzsche, but Schiller is killer, and Goethe is moethe.