On 6/8/07, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, I tell you a secret: even with all its quirks and defects, Gentoo
has one of the more friendly and helpful communities in the OSS world.
Try have a look at the Debian, OpenBSD or Slackware forums/ml/IRC
channels, and you'll understand.

I concur, not only does gentoo have one of the nicer communities, it
also has more informed people. ( probably releated to it being a
generally harder distro to use that *cough* ewwbuntu *cough*
unlinspired *cough*  or *cough* deadrat *cough* )

Many a time you'll find in non gentoo help rooms that everyones just
as lost as you are when you have a /real/ problem, and when you have a
/real/ problem you'll end up fixing it yourself after helping 50 other
people fix theirs.

Many a time Has it been I've googled for an answer to a problem and
the answer has been found amongst gentoos troves of data, in either
wiki, or forum, despite the fact that the problem i encoutered may
have occured on a non-gentoo box, and i did not enter 'gentoo'
anywhere in the search string.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|