* b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> > No, I'm not the one who teaches anyody. I go my way, if you
> > like it, feel free to follow me, if you don't like it,
> > go you own but leave me alone.
>
> So don't expect anyone to like you, if you don't teach anyone what do
> you think and...-->

hmmpf, you probably misunderstood :(

Teaching somebody (IMHO) is too much about being right and
intelligent the one to be teached being wrong and unintelligent.
It's about pulling your oppinion into someone else.
I don't like that (although I still do it too much ;-o).

I'd prefer telling people what I (personally) believe it's good/right
and give them the chance to either take or leave it. Both decisions
will have their consequences, but nobody can tell which one is
objectively better - evryhing's subjective.

Okay, this is really getting in philophical topics liek god vs. satan ;-o
(--> getting too offtopic ?)

> > I've shown several problems and concepts, but I was immediately
> > attacked. So the message is clear: I'm unwelcomed.
>
> --> you don't defend it seriously.

I don't feel to defend anything against anyone. At least not in such
technically debates. I've got my arguments and solutions. Feel free to
either follow them or leave them alone. You also can put your own
against, and so we can discuss.

> Really. If you think there's a problem, explain it.

In case of the mozilla-launcher bug, I did explain it. And I found an
quick and dirty solution for me. Not a clean one, but it's a start.
We had several better ideas in this thread, which should be discussed.
But as long as the bug is marked invalid, I have to assume that debate
is unwelcomed and so won't invest much more resouces in that.

> You get attacked? Insist. Prove them they are wrong. Do your best,
> politely but firmly.

Well, of course we're all conditioned on defending if we're attacked,
probably generic. But I really don't see I anytings to gain here
than maybe my honour in such an unimportant place like bgo.

> Accept the fact you are discussing -people maybe attack you simply
> because they don't understand at first time and, guess what, this
> could be also your fault, not only them.

Maybe it's my fault if some people doesn't understand my bug reports.
But it's their fault if they declare my reports as invalid w/o asking
back, ranting against me, try to convince me to go away, etc

I had to learn that bgo is clearly not the place for an open and
cooperative working on problems, if you're not an Gentoo cleric.
So I've got my conclusions and work alone. Maybe some people come
around and say, against Gentoo, but that's not true - just beyond
Gentoo. (If they really believe in that, well I'll leave them with
that - I'm not the one who wants to have anything to do with such
religious stuff)

> > I don't see any reason for wasting more time on those folks.
> > That's the reason why I usually don't post on -dev anymore.
> > I still post on -users for those people who still might be
> > interested.
>
> If that's your attitude, you can even unsubscribe users, and
> leave us alone.

The users list ist neither the devs list (where I also dont waste
my time anymore), nor bgo. Maybe here still are some people who're
interested in my contribution. But if a large majority tells me
to stop and go away, I'll do so.

cu