On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> > and a
> > mechanism to put use flags into split ebuilds and let the devs
> > decide which ones are worth persuing?
>
> With "split ebuilds" you mean for example the ebuild for kppp? Or
> are you talking about the kde*-meta ebuilds?

Sorry for not being clearer. I meant USE flags in the -meta ebuilds, to
disable undesired apps like kppp. Sort of like:

DEPEND="
  kde-base/this-app
  !nokppp? ( kde-base/kppp )
  kde-base/that-app
  "

I use a no* flag as the default should be to install everything except
the stuff the user doesn't want. Expecting user to enable a bunch of
flags to get the equivalent of an upstream ebuild is a bit much :-)

> My focus is on the meta ebuilds. There I'd like to be able to control
> to a finer degree, what's to be installed and what's not to be
> installed.

So, we're on the same wavelength. Think I'll pop over to bgo and add my
voice to the comments...

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,