I have some (say 100) discrete data sequences sampling a single analogue
system with time-stamp data.

I would like to do some analysis on these signals to see if there are
any interesting things that can be demonstrated - for example, if I
could show a strong correlation in the signals between two times, but
none at other times, I might be able to conclude that there was
communication of some description, but only for a fixed duration.

At the moment I'm open minded about what kind of software I'd want to
employ - and also about what I'd like to prove.  Essentially, I'd like
to analyse the data for features - then ask if they correspond with
system events I'm already broadly aware about (rather than vice-versa.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?