On Monday 17 September 2007, Graham Murray wrote:
> Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip initial revdep-rebuild stuff]

> >   broken /usr/lib/libakode_xiph_decoder.la (requires
> > /usr/lib/libOggFLAC.la) done.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
>
> That looks like your revdep-rebuild is broken. It is finding
> inconsistencies (eg files that need to link against the missing
> libFLAC.so.7) but then at the end contradicting itself by reporting
> that the dynamic linking is consistent.

More like revdep-rebuild doesn't know how to build libOffFLAC anymore as
the ebuild that put it there isn't in portage anymore or masked or
keyworded or whatevered. I've seen this myself a time or three on my
own machines.

There's nothing revdep-rebuild can do about this except shrug and leave
it alone, but the output could be more informative. Perhaps a feature
request in is order here

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,