On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:51:31 -0700
Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Does anyone else get entries like this in their apache2
> > > access_log:
> > >
> > > 127.0.0.1 - - [26/Sep/2007:03:10:08 -0700] "GET /" 400 470
> > >
> > > I get a whole slew of them every day.  They always show up in
> > > batches and each entry in a batch is logged at almost the same
> > > second.
> > >

> > Connection to/from localhost.  Do you have some process running on
> > the same server that's doing monitoring?  The 400 reply is even more
> > interesting.  I think the request should be "GET / HTTP/1.1" or
> > similar which is probably why it is returning a 400.
>
> I'm not doing any sort of monitoring like that.  What is that "470"?
> I noticed the log entries always include that, at least for the last
> 10 days.
>
> - Grant

To be sure, you have to check the fields defined in your log format
variable in the configuration. The date and source IP address fields are
obvious. The dashes mean "field is empty". My guess is that one of
those is for http_user. 470 most probably is the http error code (means
bad request) and the last field with value "470" would be "bytes sent".

Again: I'm just guessing. If it was up to me, I'd  check the config
files out and do some googling to get the meaning of those fields and
their values.

--
Best regards,
Daniel