> It looks like netstat -p only gives me a snapshot and I can't seem to
> predict when these errors will show up.  Can I have it run
> continuously and keep the output or something?

You can run it continously with the -c option.
You can simple redirect the output, but if you don't want a large
file, you should filter it.

Here's 2 examples:
        netstat --protocol=inet -c > inet_log.txt
        netstat --protocol=inet -c | grep localhost > inet

The first example will show all connections with the inet protocol family.
The second will show the rows only which contains the "localhost" string.