Dale <dalek1967 <at> bellsouth.net> writes:

> Like you, I wish I could do more.  I would be willing to learn to code
> if I felt it was worthwhile.  I am disabled so I have plenty of time to
> learn and contribute but after my past experiences on -dev, I won't be
> repeating that for a VERY long time and only after some things change.
> The devs complain about not having enough help but when someone wants to
> learn and help some they sort of shoot themselves in the foot.  Bad
> thing is, I have a lot of time that I could put to use.

> Dale

Hello Dale,

Things are not that bleak. Have you ever considered learning about embedded
Gentoo? There is a separate list, and you put a stripped down version of
gentoo on a SBC (single board computer). You get to customize your own
mini gentoo, and learn about many of the low level aspects of making
software work with hardware. An SBC can be had for around $200 and you can
get lots of help from the embedded gentoo list. Perhaps once you learn
in that environment, you can contribute without being part of the
'feeding frenzy'?

There is much freedom and many needs related to embedded gentoo.
Drop me some private email and we can talk more, if you are interested.

James