On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:38:12 +0800, "Mark David Dumlao"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008 10:52 PM, Willie Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 05:37:16PM +0800, Penguin Lover Mark David
> Dumlao
>> squawked:
>> > TOTALLY WEIRD.  I do a layman -L on my machine and strangely enough,
>> ecatmur
>> > isn't listed.  I think I've used it beore on layman though, so I look
> up
>> the
>> > overlays listing on the gentoo overlays list, here:
>> > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/layman-global.txt
>> >
>> > Sure enough, ecatmur is present.  So I just blindly go layman -a
> ecatmur
>> and
>> > he gets added.
>>
>> Did you run layman --fetch to update the overlays?
>>
> yep, and I'm still getting nothing doing with layman -L.
> --
> thing.

For me it helped to change following line in layman.cfg:

# Strict checking of overlay definitions
#
# Set either to "yes" or "no". If "no" layman will issue
# warnings if an overlay definition is missing either
# description or contact information.
#
nocheck  : no

to yes.