Mark David Dumlao wrote:
I'm currently dual-booting a machine that I'd like to shift completely to gentoo, but I left an ubuntu installaiton in the other disk (where I hope to transfer my gentoo). However, my brother has been downloading some torrents for weeks on end, and their sessions have been left alive in the gnome-btdownload interface. It gets annoying when he boots up to ubuntu sometimes because I often remotely login to my machine and all.

So I thought to install gnome-btdownload. Unfortunately I couldnt find it in portage a few weeks ago, and I just forgot about it. Today I logged in remotely to my machine, remembered my old problem, and decided to hunt for an ebuild. I noticed that it's in the ecatmur tree, so I thought just to add it on layman and get it done with.

TOTALLY WEIRD. I do a layman -L on my machine and strangely enough, ecatmur isn't listed. I think I've used it beore on layman though, so I look up the overlays listing on the gentoo overlays list, here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/layman-global.txt

Sure enough, ecatmur is present. So I just blindly go layman -a ecatmur and he gets added.

I don't understand why layman wouldn't report ecatmur in his listing but accepts ecatmur there anyway when I add? Is this a bug?

trixie / # layman --version
1.1.1
trixie / # emerge --version
Portage 2.1.3.19 <http://2.1.3.19> (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.22-ck1 x86_64)

weird?

I remember somewhere that there was something you had to edit to make the overlays appear in the listing, (the stock layman would only show a few entries I think). Maybe this is an extension of that idea but I couldn't find what to edit in the documentation. Any ideas?
--
thing.
Try layman -Lk

--Joshua Doll