Hi all - it's been awhile

This past week I've set up Gentoo running in a VM built by
http://www.easyvmx.com/ under a XP host. Installation and configuration
went fine. I normally leave the VM running when I walk away from the
machine, but when I return, time is way off. Shutting down Gentoo & the
VM & rebooting solvles the problem, as vmplayer must initially get the
date and time from the host, but it sure doesn't keep it right after
that. I tried openntpd, but it kept setting the time further and further
off. I live in Fort Collins, Co and my locatime is set correctly
(America/Denver). This is my 1st time playing with VM's. Is this common?
Is there any way around it? I'm not really sure why openntpd didn't
work.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,
festus