Jerry McBride <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Friday 07 March 2008 10:52:09 am Daniel Beecham wrote:
>> On 3/5/08, Rodrigo Lazo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Have you seen ubuntu brainstorm?
>> >
>> > http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
>> >
>> > What do you think? Personally I believe is a very good idea and may be
>> > worth copying.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Rodrigo Lazo (rlazo)
>> >
>> > --

Hi Daniel!, welcome =)

> The BrainStorm idea is a good one, but it closely resembles the
> gentoo forums and perhaps a bit like the gentoo wiki
> too... Heck... if you squint a bit and don't look real close,
> brainstorm looks a bit like the gentoo bugs site too.

Sure Jerry, it's not all that different from the forum or bugzilla but
it's somehow more "accesible". I consider the brainstorm site it more
like a "shortcut" than a brand-new never-seen idea. You may use any of
the other (wiki, bugs, forum) to do this but it's not as visible as a
exclusive site. The real question may be, does it need so much
attention? I think so, because new ideas and a closer relationship
between the ideas proposed and the users are very important.

> Probably a good place for this to land is in the wiki... Call it "my wish
> list" (sorry) or something else though. Also, if  the gentoo version closely
> copies the Ubunt BrainStorm, it desperately needs a better indexing method,
> other than offering "pages" and "pages" of unknown topics that you must page
> through to find something useful...

Yeah, it's seems like the first steps will be totally community-driven
(as the wiki AFAIK). I'm trying to get in touch with the ubuntu guys
that run the site to learn from their mistakes ;) I'll let you know of
any progress on this.

If somebody is interested on reading a post I made about this on my
blog here is the link

http://rlazo.supersized.org/archives/60-Gentoo-Brainstorm-born-maybe-not-so-dead.html

Best regards

--