On Monday 10 March 2008, Dan Farrell wrote:
> Furthermore, it's possible we can simply have the code that runs on
> ubuntu's site.  I have sent a mail[1] to the webmasters of ubuntu.com,
> hoping it will be directed to the proper feedback channels.  I know
> hosting won't be a problem; I'm sure the gentoo web people would stick
> it on a box somewhere, or, failing that, give us a subdomain to work
> with on our own servers.

I'm not a webmaster of ubuntu.com, but I'd have to say that creating a Gentoo
Brainstorm website using Drupal wouldn't be difficult at all - that is, after
all, what the Ubuntu folks have done:
http://drupal.org/node/228222
http://drupal.org/node/228203

I don't know which module they've used exactly, but there are several that
might be helpful:
http://drupal.org/project/vote_up_down
http://drupal.org/project/drupalit
http://drupal.org/project/advpoll
http://drupal.org/project/procon

On a final note,
let's not just copy what Ubuntu has done. Let's do it better instead, there's
nothing that can't be improved.