On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:51:42 +0000
Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 10 March 2008, Dan Farrell wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:43:55 -0400
> >
> > Mike Edenfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Comcast?
> >
> > I was on comcast for a long time (2.5 yrs) and never had a problem
> > like this.  They might have blocked port 25 and squelched my
> > bittorrenting at times, but never anything like this.  Of course,
> > ymmv.
>
> IIRC they also block port 80 for sure on their retail accounts.  They
> don't want the average punter to run a webserver at home.

Even when they blocked port 25 for me bidirectionally (evidently
sending 6 gigs through that port made me look like a spammer, even if
it was all to the same address ;) ), and I called security assurance
and they listed that among all the open ports I wasn't allowed on a
residential account, even then, they still didn't block port 80 (or 26,
22, 21, 110, 993, or any other port!).