Ward Poelmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
> Thank you. After i run this script "/etc/init.d/hald start" and with
> "rc-update add hald default" using in root and i connect my external
> harddisk,it detects my external but after i double click to open it,nothing
> happen,i cant open my external drive.

By detected you mean what? You can see an icon on your desktop for
your external drive?
Run "mount" and "dmesg" see what it tell's ya.

> My questions from my previous  email was when i want to open Removable Media
> application there is a popup telling me that Volume Management is not
> supported and asked me to enable hald services.

Which desktop manager are you using? Gnome, KDE, xfce, ... ?
Do you have enfin rights? You need to member of certain groups (but i
can't remember which ones)
What does "id" tell you?

Ward

Yes,i can the icon but i cannot open it,after i click it nothing happen. Is it
i have to Run "mount" and "dmesg" using terminal? i'm using Gnome desktop
manager,the id stated is "1000".

Before that, when i boot my liveCD during installation i booted using "gentoo
nox". Actually can you explain bout "nox" because if i don't boot using "nox"
there will be problem with my video card.

Thank you

Norman

NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA