Norman Hakim schrieb:

Ward Poelmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  2008/6/21 Norman Hakim :
Yes,i can the icon but i cannot open it,after i click it nothing happen. Is
it i have to Run "mount" and "dmesg" using terminal? i'm using Gnome desktop
manager,the id stated is "1000".

So when you click, nothings happens? No error message?
"id" should tell you a bit more. It should be something like:
uid=501(user) gid=501(user) groups=501(user),80(admin)

To make automount work, you need to be a member of a couple of groups.

Ward

When i click nothing happen & no error message.i've checked the id, my
account is 1000, and my acc is a member of a few groups like
portage,root,daemon.

What are the groups that i have to join so that i can make automount
work?

You need to be at least in the plugdev, cdrom, cdrw and usb groups to
take the advantage of hal and mount external devices.

PS: In addition to Micks recommendations. Can you please remove the
following when you reply with quotes to the list:

Everything below "-- " will show up as a signature in email clients
which are aware of this. I was almost not able to see your replies
because they looked like a part of the signature. Furthermore the text
considered as signature is stripped by most email clients when replying.
I tried to reformat your mail so it looks correct.

And please stop sending html mails. Your messages look like a big mess
when viewing them in text format.

I strongly advise you to read this [1] careful again and follow the
recommendations or you wont get many answers to your questions if you
make them so hard to read for others.

Regards,

Daniel

[1] http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php