Hello gentoo-user.

I bought a Creative NX Pro 2 webcam a few years back, and got it working
with no problems in Gentoo using the gspcav1 drivers from Portage. Now,
when I plug in the microphone (Which isn't a USB, but a regular
microphone) nothing happens. I can't hear it through my speakers no
matter how high I make the sound and I'm not sure if there are any
drivers I need to load before it will work.

Running `cat /proc/asound/cards` doesn't do much...It _should_ show my
device, but in actuality shows:

> ackbar linux # cat /proc/asound/cards
>  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
>                       HDA Intel at 0xfeb38000 irq 16

So at the moment I'm pretty sure my microphone isn't being detected at
all. Perhaps there is a kernel driver I missed (looked through two
times) or something I need to emerge?

If this driver is unusable in Gentoo, can someone recommend me a
(relatively cheap) replacement? Because I'd like to be able to use it as
soon as possible. Thank you.

--
If programmers deserve to be rewarded for creating innovative
programs, by the same token they deserve to be punished if they