On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 06:24:44 -0400
Michael Pobega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I bought a Creative NX Pro 2 webcam a few years back, and got it
> working with no problems in Gentoo using the gspcav1 drivers from
> Portage. Now, when I plug in the microphone (Which isn't a USB, but a
> regular microphone) nothing happens. I can't hear it through my
> speakers no matter how high I make the sound and I'm not sure if
> there are any drivers I need to load before it will work.
>
> Running `cat /proc/asound/cards` doesn't do much...It _should_ show my
> device, but in actuality shows:
>
> > ackbar linux # cat /proc/asound/cards
> >  0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
> >                       HDA Intel at 0xfeb38000 irq 16
>
> So at the moment I'm pretty sure my microphone isn't being detected at
> all. Perhaps there is a kernel driver I missed (looked through two
> times) or something I need to emerge?
>
> If this driver is unusable in Gentoo, can someone recommend me a
> (relatively cheap) replacement? Because I'd like to be able to use it
> as soon as possible. Thank you.

Have you checked that the microphone is unmuted? Does your card have
multiple options for the microphone port (line-in as well as mic)?
Have you adjusted the microphone volume?

These are all issues I have had with the microphone on my webcam. The
drivers which matter are the soundcard drivers if you are plugging the
microphone into it, so I am 99.99% sure it will work with the current
setup, once you find the correct combination of settings for the
sound card.

Good luck with it,
Rob.