2008/6/30 Norman Hakim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Cristian Gary,
> i've grouped it into plugdev.
>
> Richard,
>
> After i type this command "/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom      auto
> noauto,ro,user     0 0" it shows:
>
>                bash: /dev/cdrom: Permission denied

Actually, the line

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom      auto      noauto,ro,user     0 0

is what you need to add to "/etc/fstab" to get your cdrom working.
Sorry if I did not express myself correctly.

> i've login using root account. i've right clicked at the cdrom to see the
> properties and under Permissions tab the Owner column stated unknown and i
> tried to change the Access column to Read and Write it popup "The permisions
> could not be changed"

Well, you can not change permissions to read and write, because the
cdrom is a read-only media. Yes, I know you are able to burn a CD or a
DVD, but it is not considered as writable media and it is mounted as a
read-only file system.

Just try by adding that line to your fstab, and if that does not work,
then try to mount it manually as Eduardo Otubo says:

# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

And post the output here.

> Regards,
> Norman