On Thursday 03 July 2008, Norman Hakim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to add this line /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom      auto
>    noauto,ro,user     0 0 and this is the output:
>
> bash: /dev/cdrom: Permission denied

What command produced this error, and what user did you run it as?
(whoami will tell you this if you are not certain if you are root or
not). Then run the id command with the name of that user as argument
and post the output back here.

Chances are you are doing it as a regular user who is not a member of
the plugdev group

> If i mount it manually it is ok,no problem at all. I have no idea how
> i want to solve this problem.

What command do you use to mount it manually, and as what user?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com