Ricardo Bevilacqua wrote:
2008/7/2 Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Ricardo Bevilacqua wrote:
Dirk,

Sorry, I had misunderstood.

But believe it or not, that way works fine for me. I insert a cdrom
and gets automatically (or automagically maybe) mounted.

I do not know, maybe is something about Gnome, but have no idea.

Regards,

Richard.

Do you have hal installed?  It could be installed as a dependency of
something else.  Also check for ivman as well.

Dale

:-)  :-)
--

Dale,

Yes, I have HAL installed. Is that enough to auto-mount a device? It
seems that it is.

Regards,

Richard.

From what I recall, it takes hal and one other program to automount a CD, DVD, etc. I use hal and ivman myself. I think supermount or something like that was another way but if I recall correctly supermount has sort of fell off the map.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here. It's been a while and sort of missed a lot of changes.

Dale