* Joerg Schilling ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [06.07.08 12:44]:
> Sebastian Günther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > And the issue is not the licenses itself, but the mixing of the
> > licenses in one project.
>
> Your problem is not to understand the difference between "project"
> and "distribution".

Sorry, wrong term. You're right, the problem is about distributions.

"This is a free software license. It has a copyleft with a scope that's
similar to the one in the Mozilla Public License, which makes it
incompatible with the GNU GPL. This means a module covered by the GPL
and a module covered by the CDDL cannot legally be linked together. We
urge you not to use the CDDL for this reason."

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

And this is the problem, that e.g. Debian has.

This is just a very short explaination to the poster, who has asked for
where to find the licenses!

*No need to debate*

> I recommend _you_ to read the license indormation that comes with cdrtools
> and
> please do not start a new license debate that leads to nowhere.

I won't read anything related to cdrtools anymore. I won't install it,
nor recommend anyone to use it.

And this is not about any licensing issue, it is about your way of
*communicating*.

I still remember the time, when I had to download some license key to
get DVDs burned. That was also pretty annoying.

> Jörg

You just did yourself *again* what the Germans call "Bärendienst"

One pissed of soul
Sebastian

--
 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. "      Karl Marx

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]@N GÜNTHER         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]