080824 James wrote:
> Is is OK (a good idea) to place "-nsl" into the make.conf settings?
> They all speak/write (us) English very well
> and it is the only language support needed.

I've had '-nls' in  make.conf  for a long time with  LANG = en_US.UTF-8 .
The latter allows apps to show Russian, Chinese, Esperanto etc ,
while AFAIK the former disables non-English help files etc.
BTW the best way to set up  make.conf  is to have
 USE="-* <then add all the flags you positively need here>" .

So the short answer is Yes (smile).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca