James wrote:
Interesting,

I have a minimalistic server with X for displaying via rrdtools, postgresql
jffnms and a few other basics. It allows technicians to view network performance but not make any changes (that's my job).

I do not have nls set in /etc/make.conf

but if I put "-nsl" into /etc/make.conf

it wants to rebuild lots of fots, acl pam shadow bash fonts and many other packages.
Less is better with this server that is only used by a few technician
to view network status, related to their responsibilities.

Is is OK (a good idea) to place "-nsl" into the make.conf settings?

They all speak/write (us) English very well, and it is the
only language support needed.

???

James

I have had -nls in my make.conf for quite a while. No problems so far. English only speaker here.

Dale

:-)  :-)