> No, it does not help. The current state (excerpt) is:
<snip/>
> Total: 23 packages (3 upgrades, 4 downgrades, 15 new, 1 in new slot, 18
> blocks), Size of downloads: 63,220 kB

There is one blocker less, which is slightly better but certainly not
a full solution. What worries me is if your portage doesn't find the
kdegraphics package to remove -- as you wrote in your later email to
Alan.

Does it find any other installed monolithic kde packages to remove at
all, i.e., what does this command print out (should be all on one
line/command, probably gets wrapped in email client):

emerge -pvC kdebase kdeaddons kdeadmin kdeartwork kdeedu kdegames
kdegraphics kdemultimedia kdenetwork kdepim kdetoys kdeutils kdewebdev
kdeaccessibility

The printout should tell us if you have any remnants of monolithic kde
packages left.

--
Arttu V.