Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But help is at hand!
> The .config option you are looking for is CONFIG_TIGON3 My last
> notebook had one of those and I searched for ages before spotting
> one day that "t", "g" and "3" all appeared in "TIGON3".
>
> Sorry that I couldn't help with the more general question, at least
> you got an answer for the more specific case.

Ahh haa, very good... thanks.

As much mess as I've put myself thru on this kernel business having
that answered is almost exciting.... Aha Aha ... a new avenue to
try out.   But I don't really hold out much hope for that being the
missing ingredient....

When I boot from install cd it finds an SVGA type of display and a
pcnet32 network requirement.

But at least I was in the ball park on the section that critter is
in.

I haven't actually tried it yet so there is still hope.... hehe.