On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Kenneth Prugh <ken69...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:03:41 -0800
>> Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Paul Hartman
>>> <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> <SNIP>

>>> So from the man page it says that ~* means:
>>>
>>> "This  version is "masked by missing keyword", stable on no
>>> architecture, but unstable
>>>               on an alien architecture."
>>>
>>> Is there a way for me to build this for an amd64 machine? I tried
>>> portage.keywords with:
>>>
>>> media-sound/amarok ~amd64 *~
>>>
>>> Do I need something in portage.unmask?
>>>

>> Masked by missing keyword requires:
>>
>> media-sound/amarok **
>>
>> in package.keywords if I remember correctly
>>

> Thanks. That does seem to wake things up.
>
> Not sure now if I want to do this. It's forcing me to unmask lots of
> KDE-4 packages and also to rebuild mysql with an 'embedded' flag. I
> seem to remember something about that causing problems for mythtv. Not
> sure.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I give up. I'm at 17 packages I have to unmask and I don't know how to
get portage to give me the list of all packages that have to be
unmasked. This jsut goes on and on, one package at a time.

I think it's not reasonable for me to build this at this time.

Thanks for your help,
Mark

media-sound/amarok ~amd64 **
>=kde-base/plasma-workspace-4.1 ~amd64