Mark Knecht wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Kenneth Prugh <ken69...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:03:41 -0800
Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
What keywords are required to get Amarok 2 to build? I'm not clear
what ~*2.0.1.1 means.
So from the man page it says that ~* means:

"This  version is "masked by missing keyword", stable on no
architecture, but unstable
              on an alien architecture."

Is there a way for me to build this for an amd64 machine? I tried
portage.keywords with:

media-sound/amarok ~amd64 *~

Do I need something in portage.unmask?

Masked by missing keyword requires:

media-sound/amarok **

in package.keywords if I remember correctly

Thanks. That does seem to wake things up.

Not sure now if I want to do this. It's forcing me to unmask lots of
KDE-4 packages and also to rebuild mysql with an 'embedded' flag. I
seem to remember something about that causing problems for mythtv. Not
sure.

Thanks,
Mark

I give up. I'm at 17 packages I have to unmask and I don't know how to
get portage to give me the list of all packages that have to be
unmasked. This jsut goes on and on, one package at a time.

I think it's not reasonable for me to build this at this time.

Thanks for your help,
Mark

media-sound/amarok ~amd64 **
=kde-base/plasma-workspace-4.1 ~amd64
=kde-base/kdepimlibs-3.1 ~amd64
=kde-base/kdelibs-4.1 ~amd64
=dev-util/cmake-2.6.2 ~amd64
=app-misc/strigi-0.5.7 ~amd64
dev-libs/soprano ~amd64
=kde-base/kdebase-data-4.1 ~amd64
=kde-base/qimageblitz-0.0.4 ~amd64
=media-sound/phonon-4.2.0 ~amd64
=kde-base/automoc-0.9.87 ~amd64
app-office/akonadi-server ~amd64
=kde-base/libkworkspace-4.1.4 ~amd64
=kde-base/soliduiserver-4.1.4 ~amd64
=kde-base/libtaskmanager-4.1.4 ~amd64
=kde-base/libplasma-4.1.4 ~amd64
=kde-base/kde-menu-icons-4.1.4 ~amd64

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64" emerge -p xorg-x11|awk '/ebuild/{print $4 }'|sed 's/-[0-9].*/ ~amd64/' >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

Replace xorg-x11 with your package and ~amd64 with the keyword for the package you are trying to unmask.

--Joshua Doll