On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 01:36:55 +0200
Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@arcor.de> wrote:

> Since your ISP offers you the option to have two different IP, yes that
> the best choice.  Over here I would have to pay quite some money to get
> an extra IP.  So you're lucky I guess.

There is plenty of address space on IPv6. One can set up a tunnel, if
ISP doesn't provide it yet.
After that, it's as simple as enabling forwarding in kernel and opening
a FORWARD chain, and you can have 64+ bits of real addresses behind it,
no translation or port forwarding.

And teredo (in form of miredo daemon) offers ability to access IPv6
from anywhere (like public hotspots) w/o setting up any tunneling.

Of course, it's not much use for public server, but certainly useful
for ssh (among over things) to networks behind nat.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net