daid kahl wrote:

> Also, you should avoid using oldconfig except for really minor kernel
> upgrades.  I know this is mentioned in documentation elsewhere, but
> just a useful reminder.
>
> ~daid

This has been discussed on this list before.  Running make oldconfig
works fine.  I, and a lot of others, have said this many times.  I
configed one kernel about 5 years ago and have used oldconfig ever
since.  It is faster and less prone to problems than starting from scratch.

If you are going from 2.4 to 2.6, then you should start fresh.  I
recently went from 2.6.23 to a 2.6.28 with no problem, other than trying
to figure out that new group stuff.

Dale

:-)  :-)