Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Samstag 07 März 2009, Roy Wright wrote:
Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
which qt version are you using?
Wow, that's interesting:  qt-3.3.8b-r1

Nothing is masking qt4, and both qt3 and qt4 USE flags are set, but
apparently nothing is pulling qt4 in...

I was under the impression that kde4 required qt4.

yes it does. How have you checked which qt versions are installed? qt-3.3.8 and 4.4 or 4.5 can happily exist next to each other. Have a look into /var/db/pkg and check which qt versions you have.

With kde 4.2.1 you should use 4.5 really - you should....

OK, I think I've figured out the qt issue. In a nutshell, it's not an issue. I was checking the version of x11-libs/qt which is what reported only 3.3.8 being installed. But when I look for all qt-* packages I find that version 4.5 of them are installed. So not understanding why there apparently wasn't a dependency on x11-libs/qt, I went ahead and emerged it. The merge note said that this was a meta package that was going away in the future. Light bulb illuminates. The qt4 USE flag was pulling in the qt-*:4 packages, just not the meta package.

Thank you,
Roy