Grant wrote:
> X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now I
> get:
>
> Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
> Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
> Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
> Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
> Cannot open display:
>
> I have:
>
> # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep X11Forwarding
> X11Forwarding yes
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this?

Before using ssh (i.e. telnet, rsh and the likes) one had to manually
copy the mmc using: "xauth extract - $DISPLAY | rsh otherhost xauth
merge -" or something similar (i.e. the Xforwarding mechanism relies on
that the display that you want use have an identical mmc in the user
directory on the remote machine). The message "Warning: No xauth
data..." seems to indicate it's not creating a .Xauthority (=mmc) file
or an invalid one.

Further reading:
http://x2x.dottedmag.net/wiki/MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1

Hope this helps...