On 30 Apr 2009, at 16:59, Grant wrote:

X-forwarding used to work for me but I haven't used it in a while and now
I get:

Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not
generated
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
Xlib: connection to "localhost:10.0" refused by server
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Cannot open display:

Unfortunately I still get the same error.  I'll try to put together an
xauth command, but does anyone know what happened here?  Usually you
just enable X11Forwarding and you can use it right?

Hi,

I seem to have missed a couple of posts in this thread.

Have you got xauth installed? When I set up a new machine recently there was a missing dependency - I _think_ it was xauth. I installed a base system + knode + mozilla. I never installed X11 explicitly, as I never log into this machine locally, only use a couple of X11 apps remotely (because those aren't available on my Mac). I'm not sure if X11 itself was installed or only some X11~ish libraries, but there was definitely a dependency missing as a result of the way I installed. Unfortunately I didn't file a bug.

Secondly, when you ssh in, you need to use `ssh -Y hostname` in order to enable ssh forwarding.

Hope these observations are not unhelpful,

Stroller.