Am Samstag, 9. Mai 2009 15:13:35 schrieb Stroller:

> I believed you could manage without either a /boot volume or an
> initramfs.

Yes, of course you can. If you don't use an encrypted root fs, for example.
That's the main reason I use it on my laptop, and on other machines because
root fs is on a logical volume. If you don't this you can do fine without.
However, I like the flexibility of having all (except 32M for /boot) filesystem
on logical volumes, so all my machines are setup this way.

Bye...

        Dirk