Daniel Iliev schrieb am 18.05.2009 00:16:
> Hi,
>

> Would anybody, please, confirm the following behavior before I file a
> report with B.G.O?
>

>  % emerge -C dev-perl/yaml
>
>  % emerge --depclean -p
>
> [-snip-]
>
> Calculating dependencies... done!
>  * Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
>  * the following required packages not being installed:
>  *
>  *   dev-perl/yaml pulled in by:
>  *     perl-core/Module-Build-0.28.08
>  *
>  * Have you forgotten to run `emerge --update --newuse --deep world`
>    prior
>  * to depclean? It may be necessary to manually uninstall packages that
>    no longer
>  * exist in the portage tree since it may not be possible to satisfy
>    their
>  * dependencies.  Also, be aware of the --with-bdeps option that is
>    documented
>  * in `man emerge`.
>

>  % emerge --update --newuse --deep world
> Calculating dependencies... done!

What is the problem with this behavior. You unmerge yaml but it is
needed by Module-Build. What do you expect --depclean to do? If you run
"emerge --update --newuse --deep world" yaml would be pulled in again as
it is needed by Module-Build. --depclean only removes packages that have
now reverse dependencies which is not the case here.

--
Daniel Pielmeier