Daniel Iliev wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009 00:36:56 +0200
> Peter Alfredsen <loki_...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 18 May 2009 01:16:24 +0300
>> Daniel Iliev <daniel.il...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Would anybody, please, confirm the following behavior before I file
>>> a report with B.G.O?
>>>

>>>  % emerge -C dev-perl/yaml
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>>>  % emerge --update --newuse --deep world
>>> Calculating dependencies... done!

>> Try to add --with-bdeps=y and I think you'll find the expected
>> behavior.
>>

> Yes, that's it. Strange, I was under the impression that bdeps was "yes"
> by default.
>
> Thanks, guys, and sorry for the noise.

It is if you add it to make.conf.  I added the line to mine a long time
ago.  Something like this:

# EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS allows emerge to act as if certain options are
#     specified on every run. Useful options include --ask, --verbose,
#     --usepkg and many others. Options that are not useful, such as --help,
#     are not filtered.
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"

Hope that saves you some typing.

Dale