On 06/10/2009 10:11 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:36:04 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Understandable, but my problem lies in "ebuild digest" of my own
ebuilds and ebuilds of third-party overlays.  Along the URLs tried by
portage is one that seems to need over a minute to reply with "401 not
found". This is highly annoying.  I would want to try SRC_URI in those
cases first.

With your own ebuilds there's no point in them trying to contact the
mirrors, so put RESTRICT="nomirror" in the ebuild.

Thanks.  That's pretty much what I was looking for.