Hi group,

My fresh install of 2.6.29-r5 goes kablooey just after 'Loading module dm-mod'

Then the boot console reports:

Couldn't find device with uuid 'ldwVeS-gw14-HE42-M3Gw-DILI-Dbjh-2lHroF'

and

Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vg.

and

Volume group "vg" not found

The above repeat several times until: 'Failed to setup the LVM'. Then
off course fsck.ext2 complains it can't find /dev/vg/usr and so on...

My fllter in lvm.conf : filter = [ "a|/dev/sd[ab]|", "r/.*/"] which
corresponds to my Phison SSD and a 8G SD card.

In /etc/fstab the logical volumes are listed like:

/dev/vg/usr   /usr   ext2  noatime  0 2 # etc as per 'Gentoo LVM2 installation'

When I run the reactivate commands given at the end of the above
document all goes well except for:

WARNING: Ignoring duplicate config node: filter (seeking filter)

But /usr /home /tmp /opt are still empty and /var has only lib and
lock below it.

The good news: it boots and lets me log in ;)

Maxim