On 6/15/09, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:04:35 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
>
>> My fllter in lvm.conf : filter = [ "a|/dev/sd[ab]|", "r/.*/"] which
>> corresponds to my Phison SSD and a 8G SD card.
>
> On an Eee 900, the SD card is sdc.

Nope, sdb, just checked. It goes to sdc if you pop it out and push it
back in again.

>> When I run the reactivate commands given at the end of the above
>> document all goes well except for:
>>
>> WARNING: Ignoring duplicate config node: filter (seeking filter)
>
> Do you have two filter lines in the config? Only one is used.

Bingo!

>> But /usr /home /tmp /opt are still empty and /var has only lib and
>> lock below it.
>
> Did you mount -a after activating the VG?

Cool! There's all my little dirs. Thanks Neil. But isn't it supposed
to do this automaticamente?
>From the doc:

    Restart your machine and all partitions should be visible and mounted.

Does my particular setup require further tweaking? Should I be placing
the activate plus mount commands into some conf file?

mw