On 6/16/09, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wex...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> FWIW only one device, the SD card, can't be found and it is listed
>>> about 20 times in the boot console before the LVM gives up.
>>
>> Is everything needed to use the SD card compiled into the kernel? As it
>> works after everything is loaded, I suspect not. Look for anything
>> relevant in the output of lsmod after the system loads and the card is
>> working, then either add those modules to the autoload file, or build
>> them into the kernel.
>
> One step forward, two steps back. The missing module is mmc_block
> which I added to the file /etc/conf.d/modules(I upgraded to
> baselayout-2 thinking this would help).  Did no good. I see dm-mod and
> mmc_block getting loaded alright and then just after 'Setting up the
> Logical Volume Manager':
>
> Locking type 1 initialisation failed
> Couldn't find devices with  uuid etc...
>
> mw

Come to think of it, it couldn't have been the module. Old udev loaded
it automatically, it was there all the time, I could still mount the
volumes by hand. Now that i've 'migrated' have to specify the module
in the new modules file or modprobe it manually. But I can still mount
the volumes and execute commands.

mw