On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 6:20 AM, <eamj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why all the handwringing? Just use hplip when using a HP printer and all
> the hair-pulling will disappear in seconds.

eamjr56:

I also am amazed at the support from HP.  Recalling the days some 12 years
ago, and so many hoops to jump through and then only to get an HP printer to
work partially.

What was curious about this, I had used HPLIP.  Somehow, all of a sudden,
all printers were seen as network printers.  Either I did a dumb thing of
collossal proportions, or some update wrote over the top of my config
files.  What I now suspect is that I had consented to let dispatch-conf
replace my original config file, not understanding the consequences.

Live and learn,

Alan