On 2009-09-23, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Grant Edwards
><grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anybody know of any up-to-date instructions on how to set
>> up mythweb on Gentoo?
>>
>> I've tried following the instructions at
>> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/MythWeb but they appear to be
>> obsolete.  Mythweb doesn't install in the location mentioned in
>> the instructions and commands it says to add to the lighttpd
>> config file aren't recognized:
>>
>> 2009-09-22 20:57:13: (log.c.157) server started
>> 2009-09-22 20:57:13: (server.c.920) WARNING: unknown config-key:
>> setenv.add-environment (ignored)

There were a couple steps missing from the instructions on the
wiki page above: including mod_setenv in the lighttpd config
and making the mythweb data directory writable.

I've updated the page and it should now be current.

The other problem was that I botched one of the steps and put
some PHP commands in the wrong include file.

> I have it installed and running, although it's been a while
> since I installed it. There were a number of problems with all
> of the instructions I found, but I eventually found answers.
>
>    What happens in your case if you attempt to access MythWeb?
>    In my case I do
>
> http://192.168.1.61/mythweb/
>
> from my Windows desktop and I get the app.

It's working now. :)

Now all that's left to do is set up my Mac Mini "diskless"
frontend [It's actually got a hard drive in it, but it's not
used and will be spun down] and pulling some network cables. To
get the frontend and backend any further apart you'd have to
move one of them to a neighbors house, so the cable pulling is
going to be a bit of work.

It should start recording any second...

And it failed.  Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
the recorded files...

--
Grant