On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-09-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

>> And it failed.  Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
>> the recorded files...
>
> Bitten again by permissions.  I forgot to set the ownership of
> the /myth directory to be the mythtv user.  I'm happily
> recording after making sure that mythbackend could write to the
> directory where I told it to store recordings.
>
> I still need to hook up the second tuner in my HDHomerun.  I
> swear there must be at least a half-dozen 2-way RF splitters in
> the house, but can I _find_ one when I need one....

I have my permissions on the video storage directory set to
mythtv:video IIRC. Ghat was straight out of the Gentoo Wiki stuff
somewhere. I got burned by it this week when my USB storage drive
failed and I had to replace it with an old 1394 drive.

- Mark