On 2009-09-23, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's working now. :)
>
> Now all that's left to do is set up my Mac Mini "diskless"
> frontend [It's actually got a hard drive in it, but it's not
> used and will be spun down] and pulling some network cables. To
> get the frontend and backend any further apart you'd have to
> move one of them to a neighbors house, so the cable pulling is
> going to be a bit of work.
>
> It should start recording any second...
>
> And it failed.  Mythbackend doesn't seem to know where to put
> the recorded files...

Bitten again by permissions.  I forgot to set the ownership of
the /myth directory to be the mythtv user.  I'm happily
recording after making sure that mythbackend could write to the
directory where I told it to store recordings.

I still need to hook up the second tuner in my HDHomerun.  I
swear there must be at least a half-dozen 2-way RF splitters in
the house, but can I _find_ one when I need one....

--
Grant