I really don't see your problem.
All that was needed here on my box was setting VIM as my editor of
choice (I preferer to do that per-user so no setting of anything in rc
or /etc/env.d) and VISUDO accepted it. No magic involved.

Sebastian, I already fixed the problem for my local host. But I know
other users have same problem. That's strange for me that you first
login as root to use visudo program. What is the matter of having sudo
then?

Once again, try running "sudo visudo" as unprivileged user (that's right,
sudo is used to make root stuff without logging with root ;-) )

--
Best regards, Spinal